I believe I have a solid background on mediation .I earned my certification in mediation at The Mediation Training Institute (I) East Africa (MTI),where I was trained on how to handle dispute in matters commercial, family ,work ,community etc. .Apart from being a certified mediator, I have also done a course in Peace and Conflict studies at Africa Nazarene University.
Having done my attachment at Diama Initiative for Peace and Development (DIPAD).I have a great wealth of experience .My duties and responsibilities at DIPAD were
1. Guiding and speaking with affected communities with a view to motivate and assist on trauma based effects.
2. Supporting the design and delivery of peace and conflict initiative programmes by offering technical assistances.
3. Engaging with stakeholders from different fields, diversities, teams, government, civil society and private sector to advance UN objectives in support of peace.
I achieved the following at Diama Initiative for Peace and Development.
1. Developed high work ethics and responsibility.
2. Advanced in written and communication skills
3. Meeting deadline and result driven
4. Gained familiarity with basic peace and conflict principles and approach.
Volunteering at the Office of the Chief at Ongata Rongai ,Kajiado North ,helped me in gaining experience in Mediation .I have assisted in handling various cases concerning commercial dispute involving Landlord and Tenant especially at the community level.
I am a self-driven person who is determined in bringing the best to the table .Enhancing better relations, reliability, determination, strong willed are my forte. Experienced Communications Director for Kenya Model UN Africa Nazarene Chapter with a demonstrated history of working in the non-profit organization for youths called Kenya Model UN. I am skilled in Communication, Conflict resolution and management practises.